COLUMERE PARK PRIVATE MARINA
The marina has undergone major changes!! Thanks Chris!!
Happy and Safe Boating Everyone!
Columere Park Marina Users,
With the new docks, we now have a new issue. You may have noticed that as you walk down the docks there is a tendency to build up static electricity which causes a shock when you touch your boat. We have talked to the dock manufacturers and at this point they have not been able to come up with a solution to prevent this. Although this may be an annoyance, it is also a very serious concern when refueling your boat.
To help mitigate this problem, we have set up the first stall in the marina strictly for refueling. Until further notice, refueling will only be permitted at this location. We have ordered an antistatic mat to stand on while refueling and ask that you touch the post at the end of the dock first to make sure the static has been discharged.
Transport Canada Announcement
BREAKING THE LAW WILL COST BOATERS
Under the Contraventions Act, enforcement authorities can ticket offenders on the spot instead of requiring them to appear in court. In June 2004, the Government of Canada and British Columbia signed an agreement to implement the Conraventions Act in British Columbia. The agreement came into force in the spring of 2006.
In six Canadian provinces where the Contraventions Act has been implemented, there has been a substantial improvement overall in the level of compliance and consequently, boating safety.
Fines* for some boating offences:
– Operating a vessel in a careless manner: $250
– Speeding: $100
– Underage operation of a personal watercraft: $100
– Operating a power-driven pleasure vessel without the required operator competency card: $250
– Insufficient number of approved, appropriately sized flotation devices: $200 or more
* Not including administrative charges. For a complete list of boating-related offences under the Contraventions Act and their associated fines, visit www.boatingsafety.gc.ca or call 1-800-267-6687.
“BLUE WATERS ARE WAITING” Columere Park Private Marina on Columbia Lake
May 11, 2005, 10:31 a.m.
Columere Park Private Marina on Tranquil Columbia Lake
On an Early May Morning
May 12, 2002, 9:30 a.m.